Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Letting go of greeting cards

My house is pretty much clutter free... but as my husband will say it is because I'm very good at hiding it. When it comes to drawers and closets, even though they are organized, they are packed with things I have to let go. Some of those things are Christmas, birthdays and thank you cards.

They are on a drawer occupying space. It is not that I often look at them; however, if by any chance I open the drawer where they are, I like to take a look at some of them and read what our family or friends wrote to us.

I didn't know what to do with them, so I asked Extreme Clutter organizer expert Peter Walsh. I tweeted him about the Christmas cards initially and he kindly responded to toss them, since Christmas was over! Some of his followers who saw his tweet to me also gave me some suggestions: scan then toss, check into the card donation program for St. Jude's or to keep and store in a nice Christmas box.

Today I decided to look into the restrictions for the St. Jude's program and scan the cards.

To a less clutter drawer here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment