Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life is like a tree.



In 1993 I was in a particular situation were nothing seems to go my way. I was doing my thesis but it was going nowhere. My tutor wasn't paying much attention to me. I was blocked. I can say that I was inside a black cloud of depression. I was crying a lot. I was unhappy about the whole situation.

One of my best friends looking for ways to help me asked me to go visit one of her neighbors who happened to be very spiritual. I was desperate to find a solution to my situation and I decided to go to my friend's neighbor the same day she told me.

This lady started describing to me exactly what was going on in my life and I am sure my friend didn't make any comment to her about me prior to my visit. It was then when she said "Life is like a tree. The points were the branches split are the choices you have to make and each will take you to a different end of your tree" and she told me that if I continued on the branch I was going and didn't make any changes then I was going to continue getting the same things... I needed to take a different branch to arrive to a different end of my tree. If I didn't make any changes at that moment I would not graduate.

She gave me choices to change the situation I was in at that time:
1) Kidnap my tutor's daughter to get his attention (he just had a newborn).She was sure this was not going to be my choice;
2) Change my tutor;
3) Change the topic of my thesis.
I decided to change my tutor immediately.

In addition to choosing to change something, she asked me to start visualizing myself graduating, wearing my gown and my cap... and I did this visualization as good as I could. I'm happy to say I graduated and I'll thank forever my friend and her neighbor, wherever she is. To my friend for being so concerned about my well being; to her neighbor for the valuable information she gave me.

Are you in the right branch of your tree? If you don't like what is going on in your life, make a change, take a different branch. Do something different to get a different result.

May any change you make on your life bring joy and happiness to you and those around you.

Best wishes to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment